Fall Kids League
Are your kids ready for the next step? We have a great fall kids league for them to hone in their paddling skills, participate in friendly races on the weekends, and explore their passion on the water. Weekly practices on Thursday afternoons after school from 4:30pm to 7:30pm.
Open to boys and girls ages 7 to 16, this fall kids league will provide all paddling instruction, promote team-building and leadership skills, and foster a life-long love of living an active lifestyle through outdoor aquatic sports.
- Mike Wang - Owner and Head Coach for Mike's Paddle
- Victoria Anweiler - Summer Camp Director & Operations Manager
- Shannon McDowell
- Carey Bond
Dates and Times:
- League dates: 8/23, 8/30, 9/6, 9/13, 9/20, 9/27, 10/4, 10/11, 10/18, 10/25.
- League Practice time: Thursday afternoon from 4:30pm to 7:30pm.
- League registration: $499.
Mike's Paddle Organized Races with Kids Support:
- Sunday Fun Race in Alameda: 9/16
- Battle of the Bay: 9/29
- PaddleSplash in Alameda: 10/20
Please contact Victoria (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Age & Experience:
- MUST be able to swim
- Ages 7 to 16 years old
- Water sports experience helpful but not neccessary
What to bring:
- Rash guard/long sleeve top to wear on water (non-cotton)
- Exercise shirt (non-cotton)
- Exercise pants, board shorts or Yoga pants (non-cotton)
- Swimsuit to wear underneath wetsuit (if needed)
- If your child has their own PFD/wetsuit they may bring it to camp
- Water shoes with a heel strap (no flip-flops, closed toe preferred) or old tennis shoes that can get wet
- Sunglasses with string retainers
- A brimmed cap or sun hat
- A warm change of clothes and shoes for after paddling
- Lunch and snacks
- Water bottle
- Any medication your child takes (please note on medical form)
Mike's Paddle provides:
- Board, paddle, leash, wetsuit, and lifejacket
- Photos and videos uploaded to Google Photos at the end of each week
- Parents paddle with kids on the last day of camp - free intro lesson if no experience
Medical & Release of Liability Form: CLICK HERE. This form must be completely filled out and signed by legal parent or guardian for your child to participate in camp. Please bring the completed form to the first day of camp when signing your child in. We also have blank forms at the shop.
- If you cancel 14 days or more in advance, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel 7 to 14 days in advance, you will receive a 50% refund. If you cancel less than 7 days in advance or if we receive no notice, there will be no refund given.