KIDS SUP SUMMER CAMP
Walk on water at Mike's Paddle Kids SUP Summer Camp! Explore beautiful Ballena Bay of Alameda while we learn to stand up paddle board. Breathtaking views of San Francisco, underwater friends, and the summer sun shining down on this fun little island are just a few of the perks for this week-long, full-day camp.
Open to boys and girls ages 9 to 14, this camp will provide all paddling instruction, promote team-building and leadership skills, and foster a life long love of living an active lifestyle through outdoor aquatic sports. We will have on land as well as in the water activities, teaching the kids about our ecosystem, the history of stand up paddle boarding, all about our boards and other equipment, and of course - how to SUP!!
Mike Wang, our head coach, has 16 years of paddle experience including kayaking, canoeing, and stand up paddling. Mike, along with our other trained and enthusiastic camp leaders, are excited to make this a Summer your child will not forget!
This year, we are introducing a special Alameda Waterman's Camp between 7/10/2017 and 7/14/2017 for those who have participated in our summer camp before and are looking to have a more intensive and competitive experience. We are going to introduce the sport of Paddlefit, SUP racing, outrigger canoe, kayak and dragon boat! Please contact Mike (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Register for summer sessions now and save $50 before March 15, use code EARLYBIRD.
- Camp Hours: 9am to 4pm.
- Camp registration: $475 per week.
- Extended care available with latest pick up at 5pm, $50 for the week.
- Late pick ups (till 5pm only) without extended care and prior notice $30 per hour.
Age & Experience:
- MUST be able to swim.
- Kids between 9 and 14.
- Kids under 9 but have either a lot of water experience or are mature in size/personality may be accepted. Kids over 14 can qualify as junior counselors (discounts available). In either case, please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly and discuss.
- Water sports experience helpful but not neccessary.
- 6/12/2017 to 6/16/2017: SUP Summer Camp open to all
- 6/19/2017 to 6/23/2017: SUP Summer Camp open to all
- 6/26/2017 to 6/30/2017: SUP Summer Camp open to all
- 7/10/2017 to 7/14/2017: Alameda Waterman's Camp (see above for more description)
- 7/17/2017 to 7/21/2017: SUP Summer Camp open to all
- 7/24/2017 to 7/28/2017: SUP Summer Camp open to all
- 8/7/2017 to 8/11/2017: SUP Summer Camp open to all
- 8/14/2017 to 8/18/2017: SUP Summer Camp open to all (CANCELLED)
What to bring:
- On land: lunch, snacks, backpack, athletic wear, running shoes, towel, hat, sunglasses, water bottle, sunscreen, lip balm.
- On water: swim suit, flip flops or water shoes or booties, hat, sunglasses with leash.
Mike's Paddle provides:
- Board, paddle, leash, wetsuit, and lifejacket.
- Transportation to other land activities.
- Photos and videos uploaded to dropbox for each week.
- Parents paddle with kids on the last day of camp - free intro lesson if no experience.
- If you cancel between 7 and 14 days of the camp, the cancellation fee is 20% of the full price of the camp ($95) - discounts do not apply.
- If you cancel within 7 days of the camp, the entire payment will be forfeited.
* Alameda Waterman's Camp - please contact email@example.com and Mike will help you register.