KIDS SUP SUMMER CAMP
Walk on water at Mike's Paddle Kids SUP Summer Camp! Explore beautiful Ballena Bay, Alameda while we learn to stand up paddle board. Breathtaking views of San Francisco, underwater friends, and the summer sun shining down on this fun little island are just a few of the perks for this week-long, full-day camp.
Open to boys and girls ages 7 to 16, this camp will provide all paddling instruction, promote team-building and leadership skills, and foster a life-long love of living an active lifestyle through outdoor aquatic sports. Summer camp features both water and land activities, nature lessons, the history of stand up paddle boarding, information on gear/equipment, and of course - how to SUP!!
Mike Wang, our head coach, has 16+ years of paddling experience including kayaking, canoeing, and SUP. Mike and our professionally trained, enthusiastic camp leaders are excited to make this a summer your child will not forget!
This year, we are introducing 3 new camps! Youth camp for our younger campers ages 7 - 12 years old. Teen camp for our older campers ages 12 - 16 years old. And for campers who have participated in our summer camp before, we are now introducing Intermediate camp age 9 - 15 years old. Please contact Victoria (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
- Camp Hours: 9am to 4pm.
- Camp registration: $499 per week.
- Late pick ups till 5PM only, without extended care and prior notice, $30 per hour.
- Extended care available with early drop-off 8:30 AM and latest pick-up at 5:00 PM, $125 for the week.
Age & Experience:
- MUST be able to swim
- Youth Camp 7 to 12 years old
- Teen Camp 12 to 16 years old
- All Age Camp 9 to 14 years old
- Intermediate Camp 9 to 14 years old who have attended camp before
- Kids under 9 but have either a lot of water experience or are mature in size/personality may be accepted. Kids over 14 can qualify as junior counselors (discounts available). In either case, please email Victoria (email@example.com) directly and discuss
- Water sports experience helpful but not neccessary
What to bring:
- Rash guard/long sleeve top to wear on water (non-cotton)
- Exercise shirt (non-cotton)
- Exercise pants, board shorts or Yoga pants (non-cotton)
- Swimsuit to wear underneath wetsuit (if needed)
- If your child has their own PFD/wetsuit they may bring it to camp
- Water shoes with a heel strap (no flip-flops, closed toe preferred) or old tennis shoes that can get wet
- Sunglasses with string retainers
- A brimmed cap or sun hat
- A warm change of clothes and shoes for after paddling
- Lunch and snacks
- Water bottle
- Any medication your child takes (please note on medical form)
Mike's Paddle provides:
- Board, paddle, leash, wetsuit, and lifejacket
- Photos and videos uploaded to Google Photos at the end of each week
- Parents paddle with kids on the last day of camp - free intro lesson if no experience
Medical & Release of Liability Form: CLICK HERE. This form must be completely filled out and signed by legal parent or guardian for your child to participate in camp. Please bring the completed form to the first day of camp when signing your child in. We also have blank forms at the shop.
- If you cancel 14 days or more in advance, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel 7 to 14 days in advance, you will receive a 50% refund. If you cancel less than 7 days in advance or if we receive no notice, there will be no refund given.