At Mike’s Paddle, we believe kids need to be introduced to the basic skills they’ll need in preparation for their first jobs. We feel they also need to learn about the strategies and tools they need to get their first jobs.
Real Life Experience
With direct experience helping customers and coaching camp participants, kids in our Leadership Training gain both a leg up on their peers and an impressive experience to put on their resumes.
Most importantly, they possess greater confidence in their own abilities as they apply for positions and enter the workforce for the first time.
Four Day Program
In this 4-Day leadership and responsibility training program, spanning two consecutive weekends. We will teach your kids the primary skills needed to work in the outdoor adventure, summer camp, and retail and hospitality fields:
- Coaching and managing groups and individuals on and off the water
- The importance of risk management and emergency/medical response
- The basics of customer service, sales, and employment
- CPR and First Aid certification by the LifeSavers organization
Graduates from our Leadership Training are then eligible to apply for our Internship Program and further deepen their skills, experience, confidence, and preparation for employment.
While we cannot guarantee admission to the internship program due to limited space, the application process itself is a great experience for the kids to go through, as they will be creating application materials and actively interviewing for an available position.
Leadership Training Details
- March 26-27 & April 2-3
- 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- 4-Day Training
- Held over 2 consecutive weekends
Trainings held at Mike's Paddle Alameda Shop and Encinal Boat Ramp.
Not available in Redwood City location at this time.
A Leadership Program for early teens
Training curriculum includes:
- Introduction to outdoor adventure, water sports, retail, and hospitality industries
- Real life scenario based learning
- Group management and coach training on and off the water
- Risk management training including emergency action plans, paddle/weather condition plans, and on-water safety
- Certifications in CPR and First-Aid
LEADERSHIP TRAINING LOCATION
Our Leadership Training is offered at our Alameda shop location and Encinal Boat Ramp.
Mike's Paddle - Alameda & Encinal Boat Ramp
1120 Ballena Blvd., Suite 200, Alameda, CA 94501
Encinal Boat Ramp
Encinal Beach, Alameda, CA 94501
REGISTER FOR LEADERSHIP TRAINING
We offer 2 internships for graduates from our Leadership Training. Learn more about our Kids Internship Program
Parents: interested in Sunday mornings to yourself while your kids are outside having fun on the water? Learn about our Kids League pass
Looking for an outdoor activity for your kid this summer? Learn about our Summer Camps tailored by age and paddle skill levels
Kids & Family
Want to paddle with your whole family? Need SUP lessons for the kids aged 16 and under? Schedule a kids and family SUP lesson