2024 Starboard Gen R with Board Bag
PREORDERS: Shipping after April 1, 2024.
The Gen-R is a key model for surf racing and all round paddling. The slightly recessed deck has been optimized to have great stability while easy-to-use when beach starting and getting back on the board. Lower rail height and reduced nose thickness is a much requested feature (especially from our lighter riders) for technical races, buoy turning and easy handling in choppy conditions.
- Slicing nose: The narrow outline in the tip of the nose is intended to slice efficiently in flat water as well as on ocean bumps.
- Optimized nose volume: The nose volume is designed to take on medium ocean chop and perform in technical racing, surf, and flat water.
- Semi-recessed deck: The deck has been designed to have a slightly lowered standing tray for stability. At the same time, the side walls are low, making beach starts and getting back on the board much easier.
- Round rails: This allows the board to be balanced in chop and predictable in surf and downwind. The round rails are wide for stability and balance.
- Flat bottom: The flat bottom is very predictable to control in flat and ocean chop.
- Wide tail: Turning is super easy on this model, and the wide tail also gives you great control in the surf.
- Multiple handle positions: Handles are modular with our screw in system to fine tune handle positioning.
Composition: Blue Carbon
- Offers a full carbon construction that combines strength and weight at a truly competitive value.
- Biaxial Carbon wraps the full deck and rail giving you excellent competitive weight and strength properties.
- Carbon stringer on the deck provides additional impact and stiffness.
- Extra glass reinforcements wrap the sharp edges and inside rails of the cockpit for extra rigidity and strength.
Please review our Shipping Policy before ordering to avoid confusion, thank you!
We actively try to steer away from the board shop vibe. We encourage questions, demos sessions, and gear research to make sure what you get is 100% right for your needs. We strive to do right by every customer (local or online) and welcome all paddlers to the Mike's Paddle Tribe!
Paddler Tested: Paddler Approved
All brands we carry have been vetted, tested, and approved by our team members. We don't like to sell gear that we wouldn't paddle or purchase ourselves and never want to rep a less than 100% awesome product!